Minor in Public Health
* The public health minor is restricted to students who are currently enrolled in a master’s program at UNM.
The public health minor provides a basic understanding of the core principles and sciences behind the discipline. Please contact your "home" program for more information about how the public health minor might fit into your degree program. Core and elective courses for the minor are listed below.
Contact the student advisor for forms and to find out when to declare public health as your minor.
Required Core Classes (6 credit hours):
- PH 501: Principles of Public Health
- PH 502: Epidemiology Methods I
And, one other course from public health core courses (3 credit hours):
- STAT 538: Biostatistics Methods I
- PH 552: Public Health Program Planning
- PH 506: Environmental/ Occupational Health
- PH 507: Health Care Systems
- PH 560: Public Health and Health Care Management
Electives (6 credit hours):
Students may choose other public health courses constituting a minimum of 6 credit hours. These courses should enhance the student's own research or professional project. All courses must be completed with a "B" or better.
Please contact the student advisor for questions about the requirements for the minor.